The Sect of the Horned God is an incorporated entity whose primary objective encompasses the work of four philosophers in its relation to the left-hand path: Friedrich Nietzsche (Philosophy), Carl Gustav Jung (Psychology), Joseph Campbell (Mythology) and Anton LaVey (Occultism).
Our purpose is to awaken people and get them to live (in the words of the late, great Anton LaVey) a “vital existence”. But to live that vital existence might encompass a journey which may entail going deep into the dark halls of one’s psyche and face the reality of deconstructing the mind. That said, areas of study offered in the Sect are not one of absolutes or dogma, but rather that of gaining a deeper awareness of oneself and the path you are on, while emphasizing a passion for living.
THE 9 TRAITS OF A SECT MEMBER
1. A Sect member does not believe, they “know”.
2. A Sect member does not have the mentality of a “victim”. They are accountable for their own actions and do not blame outside forces.
3. A Sect member knows altruism does not exist. Everything is done for selfish reasons.
4. A Sect member is courteous, but reserves respect for those that deserve it. (Satan is a gentleman!)
5. A Sect member knows the word “supernatural” is an oxymoron, for nothing can be “beyond nature”.
6. A Sect member uses empiricism instead of anecdotal evidence when in a debate.
7. A Sect member moves down the left-hand path instead of standing still, beating their chest, proclaiming their divinity.
8. A Sect member has a sense of humor! Being able to laugh at the absurdities of Life means they have not given in, or given up.
9. A Sect member uses the regrets of the past as the wisdom of today and the future!
29 Responses to Info